Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tour New York City in style

Tourist season is in full swing in New York City. We have had no less then 6 people come visit in the month of July. This weekend there were 8 people in our little 900 square foot apartment with 1 bathroom. I like having guests. I especially like having people who would not be able to afford a trip to New York City without the use of our free apartment. $200 a night hotel rooms tend to put a cramp in one's budget.

The most frequent question that I get from visitors is, "What should I bring." My answer, "As little as possible and an extra bag." If you are saving money by not having a hotel room that means you have money to shop. Usually, there is at least one day devoted to shopping.

Even though I suggest packing light there are few tried and true rules that I stand by when giving advice on what to bring.

1. Leave the white tennis shoes and white socks combo at home
2. Leave the college football/local NFL team/sports attire at home
3. Bring comfortable shoes
4. NYC is hot and humid in the summer so light, comfortable clothing
5. Leave fanny packs at home
6. A backpack is acceptable but a cute tote is better!

And my last tip is - have fun with your clothes. You are on vacation in NYC and this is the place to break out of your shell- even if it is only for a few days.

Here is my suggestion for a fun, cool outfit for a trip to New York.







You can purchase this outfit herefor $34.99.

1 comment: